Ecogreen Biosyn oil is a revolutionary green biosynthetic oil. These oils can be blended into a variety of viscosities to meet most lubricant applications. The oils are compatible with common lubricant base oils and additives, they serve as an easy drop-in for most existing formulations available in the market.
The key benefits include:
- High oxidative stability
- High viscosity index
- Low volatility
- Excellent hydrolytic stability
- Improved engine cleanliness and machine life
- Miscible with other base oils such as mineral oils, polyalphaolefins, polyalkylene glycols, and polyol esters
- Biodegradable, nontoxic, and renewable
Typical applications for Ecogreen Biosyn Base Oils include:
- Passenger car motor oil (PCMO)
- Marine lubricants
- Small engine oil (2T/4T)
- Hydraulic fluid
- Wind Turbine
- Refrigeration/compressor oil
- Food-grade lubricant
- Dielectric (transformer) fluid
- Metalworking fluid
- Gear oil
- Bar and chain oil
- General purpose lubricant
Ecogreen Biosyn oils are specially formulated to provide maximum engine performance and increase fuel economy.
Our bio-based base oils deliver important performance advantages, including superior anti-wear protection, excellent performance in both hot and cold environments and drop-in compatibility with petroleum based products.
Ecofriendly advantages include nontoxicity, farm sourced bio-content, renewability, reduced CO2 emissions and improved biodegradability.
- Biosynthetic Base Oil has been certified for inclusion in the USDA’s BioPreferred Program
Estolides are a class of innovative, high-performing, synthetic compounds derived from renewable sources
Using Ecogreen Biosyn Base Oils allows formulators the ability to create superior performing passenger car motor oils that meet and exceed the toughest industry standards.
Field Trial Details
- 150,000 mile (241,402 km) taxi cab field trial under severe stop and go conditions in Las Vegas, Nevada USA
- First 100,000 miles (160,934 km) ≈ 84% estolide with additives
- Last 50,000 miles (80,467 km) ≈ 42% estolides, 42% Group III, and additives
- Reference Oil – Quality GF 5 oil
- Typical drain interval 7,500 to 10,000 miles
- Vehicle – Taxi Cab, Chevy Impala, 3.5 liter V6
- As seen below, after 150,000 mile (241,402 km) under severe stop and go conditions in Las Vegas, Nevada, Engines run on estolide-based formulations had far less varnish.
Under severe stop and go conditions showed formulations had far less varnish and demonstrated performance benefits not attainable with petroleum-based products alone.